Monday, October 18, 2010

Week of September 27, 2010

From Anne:

I spent a LOT of time this week getting to know the market for small business real estate in Denver. I have been looking for properties that meet the requirements of the Gender Identity Center; a reasonable price, enough room for support groups and our new drop in hours, centrally located, in a safe area, access to public transportation, and ADA compliant buildings. Whew! The real challenge has been finding property managers and landlords who are supportive of our mission and clientele. I’ve been very surprised at a broker’s initial willingness to talk with me, and then how quickly their attitudes change after hearing who we are and what we do. How frustrating it must be for our clients to deal with discrimination on a daily basis….

From Cinda:

Read another chapter in Lev.  This is a great text, but it's taking me about 2-3 hours to read through her chapters, which are dense with information.  I have e-mails out to several folks.  I'm waiting to hear back from them to get appointments set up next week.  If it works for her, Anne and I will see one wonderful lady on Tuesday at 10 a.m.  I'm still looking at other similar organizations online and not finding as much volunteer activity as I would have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment