Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week of December 20, 2010

From Anne:

I did a lot of Gold Rush work this week. I’ve been calling social services agencies in the area as well as schools to try and illicit interest in the clinical track for the Gold Rush.  Most of the colleges in the area are on break for the holidays so I’m focusing more on social services agencies. I’ve been getting mixed reactions; some agencies have been very interested and requester more information while other have been dismissive, saying that they have trainings that they feel are sufficient to inform their workers. It’s been slightly frustrating in that I feel that they don’t understand that the Transgender population experiences very unique struggles and oppression and needs very unique and individualized consideration. Hopefully I can communicate this to the agencies and we well get a good turn out!

From Cinda:

I was only at the Gender Center on Monday this week.  We'll be closed on Friday and Saturday for Christmas, too.  I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we decorated for Christmas and it was fun to watch the Gender Center be transformed.  Anne put up the tree and hung some garland, and Karen brought in a second smaller tree that needed to be hung with ornaments.  I'm looking forward to a little vacation this week, but will be staying in Denver and working on the grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment