Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week of November 22, 2010

From Anne:

This was a short week due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. We’ve started doing some heavy duty planning for this year’s Gold Rush conference. In the past, the workshops have been geared toward a Transgender audience. This year, the board and staff decided to add a Clinical Track to the conference. The clinical track will be geared toward clinical professionals who want to learn more about the history, culture and standards of care for transgender individuals. Karen had some great ideas to co-op professionals in the area to speak to the clinical track participants. We plan to contact social service agencies as well as schools in the area to find clinical professionals as well as student who plan to go into work with this community.

From Cinda:

Monday it was back to the Gender Center.  Karen and I met, and then Kate and Courtney joined us for the rest of the day.  It was a productive meeting and it looks like we will be helping some with the transgender job fair that The Center will be hosting in May of 2011.

Tuesday it was Karen and I at the Gender Center.  Karen's mom dropped in, along with her two older sisters, and we had a wonderful visit!  Karen's mom is going to pick up some stuff so we can put up some window cornices, to make the place more homey.

Wednesday I finished off the volunteer material so it's ready to go up after I get an okay from Karen and Kate.  And I started reading a new textbook.

Friday I came in and worked with Anne.  Monica dropped in and we had a great chat!  I pulled the resources off the GIC webpage to begin work on the resource manual.  I formatted the material I pulled off the web on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment