Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week of October 25, 2010

From Anne:

We did a lot of unpacking, organizing and planning this week.  Kate, Miranda and some other volunteers brought the office supplies, files, records and old periodicals down from the old location.  I spent my time inventorying files and boxes of periodicals and setting up the new space. We  had several visitors come to take a look at the new space and have been getting to know the landlords and neighbors.

From Cinda:

Monday was the first day of our new open hours, and we had one drop in!  Whoohoo!  Anne and Karen and I talked about what we were doing, and how it was going.  Then Kate dropped in at 2:30 and helped us get the wireless set up, and gave Anne and I a crash course on editing the Gender Center's web page.

Tuesday it was just Karen and I for a while.  We did supervision and talked.  We looked at some of the boxes and talked about maybe scanning in the old newsletters to have as a historical resource.  We also plan to send a fund raising letter to the welcoming churches to see if they want to give a small donation for the holidays.  I need to work on that this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment